Wednesday

GF Shampoo and Conditioner

Hello and welcome to my new blog!!! I thought I'd start with something that has been an ongoing issue for me since going gluten free four years ago. Finding a decent GF shampoo and conditioner. I'm one of the ones who has a dermatitis rash-like reaction to gluten in topical products and this has made finding a good shampoo/conditioner quite difficult. I've also experienced hair loss since going GF - not fun - so I've been on a constant quest, trying everything that I could find.

I finally had settled on The Everyday Shea Body Wash from my local Nugget supermarket and Desert Essence Organics Fragrance Free Conditioner (I love their products!)

The Everyday Shea Body Wash wasn't terrific but it was getting the job done (my hair was clean but still dry even with the conditioner.) And then the irritation started up again.  Ugh. As I was flipping through my latest Natural Health magazine, I saw an ad for Derma e Psorzema Body Wash. It is designed for people with sensitive skin, dermatitis and eczema.

Since I'd already been using a body wash on my hair (and this product can be used on the scalp) I decided to give it a try. OMG! This stuff is amazing! After the very first use my hair was soft and manageable again! It looked shiny, healthy and I hardly lost any hair while washing/drying - a major bonus!

I still use the Desert Essence Organics Fragrance Free Conditioner but the Derma e Psorzema Body Wash is now my new shampoo and new best friend! If you also suffer from gluten induced rashes, eczema, or just have very sensitive skin, consider giving these products a try.

Wishing you all good health!

No comments:

Post a Comment